“Zombie Highway” is a mobile game that gained popularity for its unique blend of driving, action, and zombie survival elements. Developed by Auxbrain Inc., the game offers a simple yet addictive premise – drive a car on an endless highway while fending off waves of zombies. Below, I’ll outline the pros and cons of the game in detail.
Pros of Zombie Highway
- Addictive Gameplay: The game’s core mechanic of driving and shooting zombies is incredibly addictive. It keeps players engaged for extended periods, making it perfect for short bursts of gameplay or longer sessions.
- Variety of Weapons: Zombie Highway offers a wide range of weapons, from shotguns and rifles to flamethrowers and even a chainsaw. This variety keeps the gameplay fresh and allows players to experiment with different strategies.
- Upgrades and Customization: Players can upgrade their vehicles and weapons as they progress, which adds an element of progression and strategy. Customization options make it feel like you’re continually improving your chances of survival.
- Challenging Zombies: The zombies in the game aren’t just mindless drones. They exhibit different behaviors, from clinging to your car to jumping onto it. This dynamic aspect of the zombies keeps the game exciting and challenging.
- High-Quality Graphics: The game features high-quality 3D graphics and detailed car models, which is impressive for a mobile game. The graphics contribute to the immersive experience.
- Leaderboards and Achievements: Zombie Highway includes leaderboards and achievements, which can be very motivating for competitive players. It encourages players to improve their scores and earn rewards.
- Free-to-Play with In-App Purchases: The game is free to download and play, making it accessible to a broad audience. While it offers in-app purchases for in-game currency, they aren’t necessary to enjoy the game fully.
- Regular Updates: Developers have consistently updated the game, adding new features, cars, weapons, and challenges over time. This keeps the game feeling fresh and engaging.
- Atmospheric Sound Design: The game’s sound design is excellent, with eerie zombie growls and car engine noises that enhance the overall atmosphere.
- Offline Play: Zombie Highway can be played offline, making it a great choice for those who may not always have an internet connection.
Cons of Zombie Highway
- Repetitive Gameplay: While the core gameplay is addictive, it can become repetitive over time. The objective essentially remains the same – drive and shoot zombies, and some players might eventually find this monotonous.
- In-App Purchases: While the game is free to play, it does include in-app purchases for in-game currency. Some players may find the grind to earn currency too slow and feel pressured to spend real money, which can be frustrating.
- Limited Variety in Environments: The game primarily takes place on a single highway, which can feel limiting in terms of variety. While the developers have added some new environments in updates, it’s not as diverse as some other games.
- Controls can be Tricky: Controlling the car and aiming weapons can be challenging, especially on smaller screens. Some players might find the controls a bit frustrating.
- Occasional Bugs: Like many mobile games, Zombie Highway has experienced occasional bugs and crashes, which can be frustrating for players.
- Ads: The game includes ads, which can disrupt the gaming experience. While they are generally unobtrusive, they can be bothersome to some players.
- Lack of Deep Story: Zombie Highway is primarily an arcade-style game with minimal story. If you’re looking for a deep narrative, you won’t find it here.
Also Read – Smitesource: An Ultimate Game For Players
How to Play Zombie Highway
- Driving Mechanism: Zombie Highway’s core gameplay involves driving your car on a never-ending highway. Tilt your device to steer the car left and right. The goal is to avoid obstacles and, of course, to run over zombies.
- Shooting Zombies: Zombies will latch onto your car and try to tip it over. To fend them off, you have an arsenal of weapons. Tap on the screen to shoot the zombies. Your weapon automatically reloads, but you need to manage your ammo carefully.
- Upgrades: Collecting in-game currency allows you to purchase and upgrade weapons and vehicles. This progression system enhances your chances of surviving longer.
- Objectives and Challenges: Completing objectives and challenges can earn you extra rewards. These objectives often include tasks like killing a certain number of zombies in a single run.
- Avoid Obstacles: In addition to zombies, you must navigate around obstacles on the highway, such as wrecked cars and barriers. Colliding with these can slow you down and make you vulnerable to zombie attacks.
- Power-Ups: Throughout the game, you’ll encounter power-ups that can provide temporary advantages, like invincibility or increased firepower.
- Survival Mode: The game is endless, and your goal is to survive for as long as possible while racking up high scores. Leaderboards track your progress and achievements.
Five Alternatives to Zombie Highway
If you’re looking for games similar to Zombie Highway, or if you’ve played Zombie Highway and want something new, here are five alternatives with their titles:
- “Earn to Die”: This game combines driving and zombie-killing in a post-apocalyptic world. Players upgrade and customize their vehicles to plow through hordes of undead.
- “Death Road to Canada”: This is a unique game that blends zombie survival with decision-making. Players embark on a road trip from Florida to Canada, making choices that impact the story and encounter zombies along the way.
- “Into the Dead 2”: This first-person zombie shooter has a gripping story mode and various weapons to choose from. It offers a more immersive experience compared to Zombie Highway.
- “Zombie Derby 2”: In this game, you drive a vehicle equipped with weapons through a zombie-infested wasteland. The focus is on destruction, and it offers a more extensive range of vehicles and weapons.
- “Dead Ahead”: A side-scrolling endless runner with a zombie theme. Players control a survivor on a motorbike, evading zombies and obstacles while collecting supplies.
In conclusion, Zombie Highway has its pros and cons, offering an addictive and engaging experience for fans of zombie-themed games and action driving. Its simplicity, regular updates, and a wide range of weapons make it stand out in the mobile gaming market. However, the repetitive gameplay, in-app purchases, and occasional bugs can be off-putting for some players. If you enjoy the genre but want to explore other options, there are several alternatives available, each with its unique twist on the zombie apocalypse theme.