As you know MSG files are normally supported by Outlook but sometimes you can’t access those files because of errors. In this article, I will provide you with some easy methods to help you to open your MSG file in Outlook and read the whole article to get some useful facts and solutions.
You must be familiar with MSG files, if not don’t worry, MSG is a file format created by Microsoft Corporation. MSG file format is used to export various kinds of content outside of Microsoft Outlook, this file contains received emails from users and, it can include calendars, tasks, appointments and other kinds of Outlook items attachments.
Why Manual Solutions Fil to Open Files
Several factors can cause errors in MSG files or Microsoft Outlook, but most users face only five major errors daily, here I’m going to state the problems and its solution below.
- The wrong configuration of your Outlook can stop you to access your msg file.
- When the MSG file is created by a hexadecimal editor
- If your MSG file is open in Microsoft Outlook but you keep trying to open the same file again and again
- Denied access by Outlook also can lead to you not opening your MSG file.
- Difference between Unicode of Outlook versions
Manual way To Open MSG Files
In this paragraph, I will explain step by step process to open your files in Outlook.
- First of all, find your MSG files on your desktop.
- Then double-click on the file it will automatically open your file in Outlook.
- You can also right-click on the file and choose ‘’Open with’’ then select Outlook to open your files.
- Users can use the drag and drop method to access MSG files, by opening Outlook and MSG file folders in two different windows then you can select the file and drag it to Microsoft Outlook and release it there it will open your files.
Also read: How Do I Read an OLM File in Windows?
Limitations Of Using Manual Methods
When you try to use manual methods to open your files it might get more troublesome for you because this method comes with a lot of limitations.
- In the manual method, you can view more than one file at a time.
- Manual methods don’t provide you with the freedom to change formats.
- It’s hard to open intact MSG with its attachments.
Using A Professional Tool to Open Your MSG Files
In this process, you need to download an external program to open your MSG file, on the internet you can find a lot of software to open your files. One of the best professional software is MSOUTLOOKTOOLS MSG to PST Converter. It’s ideal for home and professional use, in a few steps you can convert and open your MSG files without depending on Microsoft Outlook.
Steps To Open Files in Professional Application
- Download and install the software.
- Open the software.
- Locate your files.
- Choose your preferred format to convert the file such as PDF, PST, HTML etc.
- Click on the export button to start the process.
- After converting save your file
Benefits Of Using Professional Software
Using the converter mentioned above is a trustable application with many outstanding features that will make your file conversion easy and quick with this application you will be able and access your MSG file with or without depending on Microsoft Outlook.
Also read: Efficient and Affordable Flatbed Towing
With the given solutions, you will be able to open and view your MSG file without any complication if you can’t access your files by using all the methods you might need to seek assistance from an IT professional or you can contact the Microsoft help Centre.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are third-party tools safe to use?
Yes, most of the third-party tools are safe to use until they get affected by your desktop/laptop system malware. To prevent such mishaps, make sure you keep your computer virus free and updated.
How do I open MSG files without Outlook?
The quickest way to open an MSG file is by using online programs you can find on the internet they are good for single uses, but they don’t guarantee to show you the intact file and its attachments.
To make sure you choose the right application to open your file you can download the suggested software, mentioned above it guarantees you to show its attachment with the unharmed file with all original contents.
How do I open an MSG file?
Double-clicking on the MSG file can open your file in Microsoft Outlook or you can try other various methods to open your file such as dragging and dropping your MSG file in the Outlook application, right-clicking on the file and choosing the open with section can help you to open your file if you are still not able to access your file you can try third party solutions on the internet out you can download the software mentioned above.