The primary purpose of education is to increase awareness and give necessary exposure to the outside world. So, it can not only get restricted to academics. It has to cover every other aspect of learning, including fine arts, cultural education, sports, and more. Global awareness is all about this! It is about making students aware of different cultures, languages, civic duties, human rights, and everything else that makes them well-aware citizens.
Parents and schools understand the significance of better awareness and have made it a part of the schooling journey of children. The curriculum of the international preschools in Singapore widely covers these learning aspects, and educators make sure that they raise learned and intellectually strong individuals. Hence, during the pre-primary or class 10 admission, the parents should verify that the school they choose for their children emphasize global awareness.
Need for global awareness education in schools
- When children learn about various languages in school, it opens the doors to opportunities for them. For example, students who want to move abroad for higher education will benefit the most from this as they would already have a command over the language of the place where they wish to settle. Moreover, understanding different languages is a highlight in the resume that can help fetch better work opportunities in their own country. So, the language barrier that the global awareness breaks help children grow in their life and open doors to professional success.
- Cultural awareness helps break barriers and boost feelings of love, peace, and harmony. Students learning about cultural diversity at the school level learn to respect different traditions, which will significantly reduce the chances of social conflicts in the future. Moreover, it will also help foster an inclusive environment in a classroom where students from different cultural backgrounds study together.
- Another benefit of global awareness at the school level is that it prepares young children for the competitive world. Technically, culturally and socially aware children make up for successful individuals who are adaptive enough for the outside world. They would not face any challenges in schools or the workplace and will keep inching closer to their goals. On the other hand, if they are not adaptive or have a restricted thought process, it will limit their progress, and their struggle to make ends meet will increase significantly.
- Awareness about the concerning issue like deforestation, pollution, population, and more would help make children responsible towards their surroundings from a tender age. They would know how their actions can impact the environment and how they should be watchful of their activities to support sustainability. Many animal and plant species are getting extinct year after year, so awareness about environmental responsibility is crucial.
- Thanks to the rise of technology, the world is getting interconnected inclusively. If the young children studying in the international preschools in Singapore don’t move with the pace of this fast-evolving technology, they will lag, and their future wouldn’t be promising. Thus, technical awareness is significant for school-going children so that they can conveniently adapt to the competitive world ahead of them.
Countless other factors explain the need for global awareness in the education system. As schooling is the time when children learn quickly and adapt to the environment in which you put them, it is crucial that their awareness also improves during this time. Hence, parents and educators should realize their responsibility and work towards making children globally aware. It should be a part of the curriculum in schools. Additionally, the parents should provide all the necessary information to their children at home by introducing them to reading or through different activities. Plan everything well and experience the fruitful change it brings to your child’s life.
To read more blogs click here.