Cricket is undoubtedly one of the most loved sports of all time. This is a widely played sport which consists of teams from many different counties. This game has a rich history, which dates back to centuries and has now become a phenomenon for many countries around the world. This game is played with precision and elegance, which makes it one of the most viewed and cheered sports all over the world. It has a massive fan following and is widely broadcasted on television and different digital platforms. As this game had 20 exciting formats which included strategic battles of the best matches too, cricket has something to offer for everyone, making it one of the most renowned and loved sports around the world. And so with the game and cricketers popularity, there comes fortune and fame. And so many cricketers have amassed incredible wealth from the game of cricket through their excellent careers and various endorsements and brand deals. Thus, this article will give you the details of the richest cricketer in the world.
And so as you scroll down, you will find out complete details about the cricketers who have accumulated the most through their careers and are the richest among all around the world. So just keep reading below to check out all the info.
Who is the richest cricketer in the world?
- Sachin Tendulakr ($170 Million)- Sachin Tendulkar is known to be the richest cricketer in the world in 2023 with an estimated net worth of $170 Million. He is an Indian legend who had the ability and the technical brilliance to score runs quite quickly. He holds many amazing records, which includes the one for the most runs in the International cricket matches. He is also well known as one of the most brilliant ambassadors of the sport. His contributions to cricket have earned him various prestigious awards and accolades, and made him the recipient of the honour of the richest cricketer in the world.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni ($115 Million)- After Sachin Tendular, MS Dhoni, known as the coolest captain ever in the history of Indian cricket is in second spot with an estimated net worth of $115 Million. He is a batsman-wicket keeper who is best known for his calm behaviour and the ability to lead and take forward the team even in the high pressure situations. Dhoni had actually led the team India to the top of the rankings in cricket and guided them to victory in 2011 for their Second World Cup Trophy. His extra-fast stumpings have truly become a signature and legend in this game, and so he is undoubtedly looked as one of the best wicket keepers in the world.
- Virat Kohli ($112 Million)- Virat Kohli is considered to be one of the most explosive batsmen in the world, with an estimated net worth of $112 Million, making him grab the third spot in the list of richest cricketer in the world. He is best known among people for his aggressive approach in the game and the ability to score runs in the toughest situations with breaknecking speed. He has already managed to amaze more than 20000 runs in International cricket, and has set the record for scoring the fastest 100 or century in the ODIs by an Indian, which still stands as it is. He also has amazing leadership qualities and has led Indian cricket lead towards many victories in recent years.
- Ricky Ponting ($75 Million)- Ricky is considered to be one of the best and greatest captains in the history of cricket, who currently has a net worth of almost $75 Million. He is an Australian legend who was best known for his aggressive approach in the game and also his leadership style and the ability to always lead from the front for his team in toughest situations. Under the leadership of Ricky, Australia has won 3 world cup trophies, which is a huge number for any captain to get. He has a record of more than 13000 runs in test cricket, which is definitely a testament of his amazing abilities with the bat.
- Jacques Kaling ($70 Million)- Jacques is known as one of the greatest all rounders of all time in the game of cricket and also the richest cricketer in the world, who currently has an estimated net worth of $70 Million. He is a South African Stalwart who was best known among his fans for his solid technique and the ability to score runs quite easily. He was a highly skilled bowler of his time and an amazing fielder too, which made him an asset and a valuable player for the team. Throughout his career in cricket, he has amassed almost 25000 runs and taken more than 500 wickets, which gives him the honour of being one of the greatest cricket players of all time.
- Brian Lara ($60 Million)- Brian Lara is considered to be the God of cricket, who is one of the most gifted batsmen that this game has ever got. He has a net worth of almost $60 Million. He was a West Indian Legend who was best known for his ability to score runs much faster and easily and for his excellent game techniques. He holds many amazing records, which includes the highest individual score in a test inning record for 400 not out, and also the highest scorer in the first class inning for 501 not out.
- Virendra Sehwag ($40 Million)- This is another Indian legend and a name in the list of richest cricket in the world, who is known to have a net worth of $40 Million. He was a destructive opener for the team who took the world of cricket by storm with his entertaining yet aggressive approach for cricket. He was right hander and had a fearless approach, with the ability to score runs with lightning speed. He also had a record breaking inning of 219 against the west Indies team in Indore, which is still considered to be one of the most incredible individual performances in cricket.