Is your Netgear Nighthawk router dropping connection again and again? Due to this errors, you are unable to do Netgear Nighthawk router login If your answer is a big yes, then this article is written for you. Here, we are going to provide you the common reasons causing the issue along with the permanent fixes to troubleshoot the issue. Hence, keep reading!
Reasons: Nighthawk Router Dropping Connection
Here’s the list of the most common yet major reasons causing the issue:
- Bad location of your Netgear device
- Your router is not connected to your modem
- Improper router setup
- The router’s firmware is outdated
- Heavy traffic on your router’s WiFi
Thus, these were the reasons causing the “Nighthawk router dropping connection” issue. For fixes to troubleshoot it in a flash, kindly scroll down a little!
Fixed: Nighthawk Router Dropping Connection
Change the Location of Your Router
Changing the current location of your router might help you fix the issue in discussion. So, without thinking much, be ready to make the most of your router by relocating it.
Where to place the router?
- Your router should be kept somewhere higher area in your home.
- Avoid placing your router behind your PC/ laptop or beneath its table.
- Try keeping your router closer to your modem.
Connect Nighthawk Router to Modem
Another troubleshooting tip that you can apply to make the most out of your router is to connect it to your modem.
How to connect router and modem?
There are two ways through which a router-modem connection can be made:
- First, is using a wired source (recommended)
- Second is by using a wireless source
- In this wired source, you must have access to a well-maintained Ethernet cable that supposed to be inserted firmly into the Ethernet ports of your internet modem and Nighthawk router.
- And, in the wireless source, you have to connect your router to the SSID of your modem using the correct WiFi password.
Is your WiFi router still dropping internet connection? Verify it by accessing the Nighthawk app Unable to load the app? Is the issue same for all? Means, try accessing orbiloogin.net to see if the issue is with the particular app or with the web address as well.
If the web address is loading and the app isn’t, then it means your app needs to be updated. But, if orbilogin.net isn’t working either, then it means the dropping internet connectivity issue isn’t resolved yet. To resolve it, you have to try and apply the upcoming fixes.
Remove Unwanted Traffic
Heavy traffic on your router’s WiFi may also make it slow or drop internet connection frequently. One of the best ways to get the issue fixed is to remove or disconnect all the unknown or unwanted connected devices/ networks from your router’s SSID.
Power Cycle Nighthawk Router
Once you are done applying the previous fix, we suggest you power cycle your router. Why? Because of some technical glitches, your router may act weird that may also result in the internet connectivity issues.
To power cycle/ reboot your router, do the following:
- Disconnect your router from the SSID of your internet modem.
- Unplug the router and wait for 5 minutes.
- Plug the router back in and reconnect it to the modem’s WiFi.
We hope that you are not struggling with the same issue again?
Set Up Your Router Properly
On the off chance, you are still facing dropping internet-related issues with your Nighthawk router, it seems like you haven’t configured it in a proper manner. Hence, we suggest you reset your WiFi router and configure it again from scratch using the instructions provided on the Netgear Nighthawk app.
If you don’t want to use the Nighthawk app for router configuration, then either use the manual method or the WPS method to get the job done.
After setting up the router, we really hope that the internet-related issue you are facing with your router is fixed. Yes? Fab!
Now, by proving you this bonus tip, we will put an full stop to our article.
What’s that tip?
The tip is to update the router’s firmware timely. Doing so ensures that you will get the boosted and improved router’s internet speed and performance (up to 20 percent) every time you update Netgear router firmware.