In this article, we will explain in detail QuickBooks error 12038, which belongs to the 12xxx error family and usually occurs when you download the latest software update. You may encounter a warning message on your desktop screen that says “QuickBooks Error 12038:
Unable to download the update. Because this error occurs during the software download process it can cause the software to suddenly crash or cause the software to malfunction. To help you fix the error, before the situation gets worse, we are here with this article, sharing details about QuickBooks error code 12038. Quickbooks has a Quickbooks tool hub which helps to solve QuickBooks-related errors.
Certain technical issues often hinder the proper functioning of QuickBooks accounting software, which is the only drawback of this software. However, what makes QuickBooks an ideal software is that every error can be eliminated using a single set of steps.
What Are The Prominent Causes Of Occurring QuickBooks Error 12038?
There are a bunch of factors driving such errors in QuickBooks, which we have tried to list below. Let us together have a look:
- When your system has an incorrect date or time, then you might come across such issues in QuickBooks.
- Another prominent reason behind the occurrence of such an issue can be if your internet browser settings are not configured properly or if there is any sort of internet issue prevailing.
- You can also land into a similar issue if the security or firewall software is blocking the QuickBooks services.
- If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks in one system, then you can simply land into such sort of issues.
Important points to consider before troubleshooting
There are a few factors you need to keep in mind before you start fixing errors.
- Some devices use download accelerators to speed up the download process. However, these third-party accelerators can corrupt the entire download process. So, make sure to disable it before downloading the update.
- Ensuring a good Internet connection and speed not lower than 28.8 KB/s is an important factor. You should also check if your browser has parental controls enabled for security reasons. If so, make sure to disable them before updating the software.
- Another important task is to create a backup of business files before performing any solution steps.
Methods to fix QuickBooks error 12038
Method 1: Uninstall all duplicate/multiple versions of QuickBooks
As we mentioned earlier, setting up multiple versions of QuickBooks on one system can hinder the update process. So, to fix this trouble, you can follow these:
- First, you need to open the Control Panel from the Start menu
- Also, go to the Programs and Features section
- You may also find duplicate versions of the QuickBooks program in the list.
- If you detect any duplicates, make sure to uninstall them by selecting the icon and clicking on the uninstall/change option.
- Now click on the uninstall tab and remove the copy of QuickBooks from the system.
- Open QuickBooks and go to the help menu
- Click on the option to update QuickBooks desktop and check if the problem is eliminated or not.
Method 2: Resetting the QuickBooks updates and downloading the new Quickbooks
- Start by launching the QuickBooks program.
- Next, click the Help tab and then click the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Tap the Update Now option.
- At this point, users must ensure that the Reset Updates option is selected.
- The previous step is extremely important.
- If done, press on the Get Updates option.
- If the updates are downloaded successfully, you do not need to follow these solutions. If not, follow the steps in the following solution.
Method 3: Reset the system update and time on the computer
It’s possible that the user accidentally set the wrong time zone during system setup. This directly leads to inaccurate timing. Incorrectly set date or time can directly lead to QuickBooks error 12038. The steps to correct the date and time are:
- If the user sees that the time or date is not set to current, right-click on the date option.
- Now click on the Adjust date/time option.
- Set the correct time zone and also edit the time zone.
- Once completed, close the window and run QuickBooks Update again.
- If the error persists when updating QuickBooks, try changing the Internet settings (listed in the following solution)
Method 4: Create a new rule for the QuickBooks.exe file
When a firewall interferes with the update process, you should create a new rule for QuickBooks. exe file. This includes the following steps:
- Start the process by searching for Firewall and pressing the Windows key
- Then you need to open Windows Firewall and go to advanced settings
- Then, move on to the inbound rules option
- And right click on the incoming rules
- You will see an option that says create a new rule, click on the same
- Select the program and click next
- Click the Browse tab and find the files associated with the QuickBooks software.
- AutoBackupExe.exe, Dbmlsync.exe, DBManagerExe.exe, FileManager.exe, IntuitSyncManager.exe, QBCFMonitorService.exe, QBDBMgr.exe, QBLaunch.exe, including all other .exe files corresponding to QuickBooks.
- Next, tap on the Allow connection option
- Follow up by clicking the next tab
- Then you have to create a new rule by giving it a name.
- Also, complete the steps to create a sending rule.
Method 5: Fix misconfigured Internet connection settings
- Launch QuickBooks, then click the Help option.
- Then, tap on the Set up Internet connection option.
- Here, select the option to allow QuickBooks to access the Internet connection.
- Once done, move on to advanced connection settings.
- There the user needs to go to the Advanced tab. Click the Restore advanced settings option.
- Click Apply and try updating QuickBooks again.
QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12038 can be quite annoying, especially when users are looking to update their accounting program to complete some important tasks in the QB program. In this article, we have provided all the possible solutions to fix this error. If you have any issue regarding router login and want to fix it by customer services then contact Quickbooks support helpline number. Basically, QuickBooks are used for small-scale industries like small manufacturers of any electronic item Wavlink Ac, or any small marketing Agency.
Read more pages