So you got an Orbi setup done at your home using 192.168.1.1, but now getting issues with Orbi signals? Is the WiFi connection of your Netgear Orbi unstable? Yes? Looks like you’re stuck with a major issue. But, worry not because we have brought some quick tactics that can help you in resolving the issue at hand. We understand that being stuck with this issue seems like an impossible thing to get over, but trust us, the below-mentioned steps will surely help you in troubleshooting it.
Reasons: Netgear Orbi Unstable Signal
There can be several reasons why your Orbi WiFi is unstable. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Your WiFi channel is being used by many people
- The firmware of your Netgear Orbi is outdated
- The WiFi signals of your device are getting blocked
- Your cable connections are loose
Now, take the assistance of the steps mentioned below to resolve the Orbi WiFi unstable issue:
Resolved: Netgear Orbi WiFi Unstable Issue
Change the Location of Your Device
One of the major reasons why your Orbi WiFi is unstable is that your device is surrounded by electronic devices and metal objects. Such devices can cause unwanted interference in the WiFi signals of your Orbi router. Therefore, change the location of your Orbi before time runs out. And while you do so, make sure that your Orbi is not placed near washing machines, baby monitors, cordless phones, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, refrigerators, microwave ovens, televisions, aluminum studs, and other similar appliances.
Change Connection Mode
You must have connected the Orbi router to the modem. If it is a wireless connection that you have made between the two devices, then it is time you make changes to the modem of connectivity. We recommend you use an Ethernet cable to connect them now. A cabled connection is always much more reliable than a wireless one.
Thus get hold of an Ethernet cable (RJ45) and put it to use to establish the connection between the Orbi router and the modem.
Update its Firmware
Updating the firmware of your device is another way through which you can get rid of the unstable Orbi WiFi issue. To perform a Netgear Orbi firmware update, you need to log into your device either by using the IP address or web address, access Settings, and follow the on-screen instructions. If you want to update the firmware by using your mobile phone, then it is recommended that you download the Netgear Orbi app and get started.
We suggest you using the correct steps to update the firmware. Also, do not interrupt the firmware update process by any means. Otherwise this might corrupt the firmware on your Netgear Orbi making it useless.
Switch to Another WiFi Channel
Too much traffic is the topmost reason why your Netgear Orbi WiFi is unstable. To troubleshoot this issue, accessing the Orbi login page and switching to a different WiFi channel might help. Walk through the instructions mentioned below and learn how to do it:
- Connect your Orbi device to the power adapter with a cable.
- Plug the power adapter into the wall socket and power on your device.
- Create a connection between the Orbi router and satellite.
- Once the LED light has turned green, switch on your laptop.
- Access orbilogin.net by opening up an internet browser on your laptop.
- Once the Orbi login page appears, fill in the default username and password.
- Click on the Log In button to go to the Netgear Orbi setup wizard.
- Next, click on Settings > Wireless > Admin WiFi Settings.
- Select the Channel option and switch to 5 GHz if you are using 2.4 GHz.
- Click on the Apply button and wait for your changes to get saved.
After switching to a different WiFi channel, check whether the Orbi WiFi unstable issue has been fixed or not.
The Final Note
We hope that the steps mentioned in this article were able to help you in troubleshooting the Netgear Orbi WiFi unstable issue.