Chardham Yatra is a spiritual journey which will take you on an extraordinary adventure through India’s four sacred abodes located in Uttarakhand, the Devbhoomi. Planning and taking part in the Chardham Yatra with your family is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The Chardham journey offers more than a spiritual journey. Instead, it gives you an opportunity to connect with nature and enjoy with your family amidst the snow-capped mountains, green valleys, beautiful rivers, and trekking opportunities.
Apart from seeking blessings from the four dhams, you can also participate in sightseeing activities and also consider adding other destinations to your itinerary including Rishikesh, Haridwar, and more. So are you planning Chardham Yatra with your family? Then let’s check what experiences you can enjoy with your family.
To complete the Chardham Yatra, you have two options either via road or helicopter. Through the road, you can complete the Yatra in 12-14 days. However, with the Chardham Yatra by Helicopter packages, you can complete the Yatra in 6-7 days with great comfort and conveniences.
Now, let’s check what are the things you can do with your family during the Chardham Yatra.
Things To Do With Your Family During The Chardham Yatra
1. Seek Blessings at Chardham Temples:
The most important part of the Yatra is to take the holy blessings from all the four deities. So visit all the Char dhams, including the Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath to seek blessings of divine deities in those places of worship. Join in on their religious rituals as well as offer your prayers along with everyone in your family.
With LIH Travel Chardham Yatra packages, you will get VIP darshan. So you can skip the long queues and complete the darshan comfortably.
2. Do not skip Aarti ceremonies:
One of the important parts of Chardham yatras are aarti ceremonies. Make sure your itinerary allows time for attending these spiritual experiences that take place every evening at Chardham temples. The aartis offer you an unforgettable spiritual experience!
3. Cleanse Your Soul With Holy Water:
Yamunotri’s Yamuna River and Gangotri’s Ganga are revered rivers in India; taking a dip in these rivers can cleanse one from past and present life sins, according to legend.
4. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Chardham Yatra
Chardham Yatra is one of the most breathtaking journeys on the earth. Also, it takes the travelers through beautiful Himalayan landscapes. To make the most, you can trek through these snow-clad mountain peaks and serene valleys, beautiful surroundings and other beautiful rivers, lakes, and glaciers. Take the Chardham Yatra 2023 with your family and have an adventurous journey.
5. Chardham Sightseeing:
Apart from the temples, there are also various other destinations in the Chardham Yatra that you must consider visiting. From Mana village and Hemkund Sahib to hot springs and treks such as Valley of Flowers trek – take time during your yatra to explore local attractions!
6. Immerse Yourselves in Adventure Activities:
If your family and you enjoy an active vacation, this trip offers endless activities such as trekking and hiking – which have long been staples among adventure enthusiasts and trekkers.
Chardham Sightseeing Places:
Chardham Yatra 2023 will feature many activities across its region, but here are just a few key sites worth seeing on Chardham Yatra:
- Vasudhara Falls – One of Chardham’s premier destinations, Vasudhara Falls is situated at Badrinath at 400 feet elevation and serves as an idyllic backdrop to your photos amidst scenic Himalayan landscapes. With its serene atmosphere and unique belief that fulfilling wishes take place here makes this waterfall a must-visit destination!
- Mana Village – Now considered India’s first village, Mana is an essential Chardham sightseeing stop. At 3200 meters above sea level and on its beginning point to Tibet border, Marchi and Bhotia ethnic groups reside here and Bheema Pul is an iconic site constructed by one of the Pandavas – Bheem himself is said to have created it!
- Kedartal – Kedartal lies near Kedarnath and features an amazing glacial lake set against majestic Himalayan peaks, making for breathtaking scenic treks through nature while connecting you with Mother Earth on your journey towards Kedarnath Temple. This place also makes an excellent trekking destination.
- Rishikesh – Known as the Yoga Capital of India, Rishikesh is also a great destination to engage in meditation, do adventure activities like river rafting, bungee jumping, and explore other beautiful locations.
So these are a few things you can do with your family during the Chardham Yatra. Book your packages with `LIH and you can make the most of your trip with your family. LIH Travel packages are all-inclusive packages that include stays at good hotel, meals, temple darshans, transfers from hotel to sights. Don’t wait and plan your Yatra with us.
Book Chardham Yatra Package from Haridwar for the travelers who’s love to travel by road, which is explore all the sightseeing places during Chardham Yatra.
Also, check: Tips to plan your Rajasthan Trip From JCRCab