By now we can already find them in all Italian cities, and in some houses, to load our cars, motorcycles, and bicycles. What are we talking about? Some electric columns. The world of mobility is changing rapidly and more and more low CO2 emission electric cars are conquering the world market and consequently, the recharging service is increasingly necessary.
In this article, we will deal with charging stations for electric cars and we will see how these, thanks to photovoltaics, have already given some people the opportunity to move in a more sustainable way, with zero emissions and ever greater autonomy.
Where to recharge the electric car?
It is possible to recharge the electric car at home, in the office, or at charging stations open to the public.
Charging at home or in private environments
If you want to have the peace of mind of an electric vehicle charging station in India that is always available, you can choose to install one at home, in your apartment building or in the parking lot of your office. The installation is carried out by a team of consultants and technicians who will also guide you in choosing the most suitable home station for you. The technical assistance service of the charging station is usually provided.
Charging on public land
When you’re out and about, you can rely on charging stations open to the public, installed on public land or on private land for public use ( such as hotels, shopping malls, etc.). It will be sufficient to use a card or an app made available by one of the Mobility Service Providers to enable top-up.
The rules for a perfect recharge
There is no standard time to recharge an electric car: it can take from 15 minutes to 12 hours depending on the capacity of the vehicle’s battery, the power of the charging point, and the car charger. The external ambient temperature and the state of the battery also affect the charging times.
Dependent on the model, it may also happen that electric vehicles, to maintain a correct battery temperature, recharge with decreasing power and speed once the 80% charge is exceeded. This depends on the function of the management system of the electric vehicle which serves to ensure that the state of efficiency of the battery is maintained.
We therefore always advise you to:
- check the recharging standard of your electric vehicle, how many kW it can recharge in Alternating Current ( AC ) and how many kW it can recharge in Direct Current ( DC );
- evaluate the kWh you need to fill up or to reach your destination based on the distance, driving style and type of road you will travel on;
- organize your daily activities also according to the charging time.
How to use charging points and rest areas?
- Occupy the electric vehicle charging station in India only for the time necessary for recharging and always check any indications present on site;
- If you cannot recharge because the charging point is occupied by a non-electric car or a car that is not charging, you can contact the competent authorities or the owner of the site hosting the public column. If, despite the presence of the vehicle occupying the pitch, it is still possible for you to recharge, you could leave a note for the owner of the car parked improperly: this way you can help him not repeat the same behavior in the future.